Chinese Roast Pork
Time: 1 hr (approx)
Ingredients (serves 2 to 4)
0.5 kg pork belly
1 tablespoon fine salt
1/2 tablespoon five-spice powder
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1. Dry the pork skin before putting the pork into the oven. This will help to create crispness. You may consider cleaning the pork hours before cooking it to ensure proper dryness.
2. Use the fine salt and five-spice powder on the meat. Put the coarse salt on top of the skin
3. Pre-heat the oven for 5 minutes at 200 C. Put the pork belly into the oven and roast the pork for 15 minutes.
4. Take out the pork from oven and remove the coarse salt. Poke the surface of the sking using a sharp instrument like knife or fork.
4. Put the pork belly back into the oven and roast for another 20 minutes.